About 2064: Read Only Memories
Neo-San Francisco, 2064 AD. Your life as a struggling journalist is interrupted by the world’s first sapient machine, a ROM (Relationship and Organizational Manager) named Turing. Together, you and the quirky robot will encounter a colorful cast of locals and overcome challenges as you uncover the city’s secrets behind the overlapping futures of technology and humanity. 2064: Read Only Memories is a new cyberpunk adventure that will take you on a journey of puzzle-solving and exploring as you investigate the mysterious world and characters of Neo-San Francisco.
Inspired by classics like Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father and Snatcher, 2064: Read Only Memories is a retrofuturistic take on the point-and-click adventure genre that features a rich mature narrative and unique gameplay challenges hidden within the beautiful interactive pixel scenes. The deeper you delve into the life of your missing friend, the further you get entangled into this tale about the dark side of technology. Can you survive in Neo-SF? Or will the mystery go unsolved…?
- Dynamic narrative defined by player choices.
- Over 10 hours of dialogue, exploration, and gameplay challenges with multiple solutions, paths, and endings.
- Voice acting from a unique and diverse professional cast of talent, including Austin Creed (aka WWE Superstar Xavier Woods), Todd Bridges, Melissa Hutchinson, Jim Sterling, voices from Telltale’s “The Walking Dead”, and many more!.
- New and revamped puzzles, an even deeper story and new expressive animations for the lively citizens of Neo-SF.
- “Endless Christmas”, an extended epilogue giving you the opportunity to hang out with your favorite Neo-SF locals!
- Even more Hassy than ever before!
- Melissa Hutchison as Turing
- Erin Yvette as TOMCAT
- Sarah Elmaleh as Lexi Rivers
- Sarah Williams as Jess Meas, Weather ROM, RO51E
- Lonnie Alex as Ramona
- Nathan Sharp as Starfucker aka Chad Mulberry
- Erik Kimerer as Oliver, Sky
- Adam Harrington as Dr. Yannick Fairlight
- Damian McGivney as Leon Dekker
- Gavin Hammon as Charlie Nova, Nonya
- Erin Fitzgerald as Melody Flores, Nina, Night Witch
- Jim Sterling as Brian Mulberry
- Zoë Quinn as Katelyn
- Terry McGovern as Keith, LJ2
- Todd Bridges as Hayden Webber
- Austin Creed as Vincent Mensah
- Dan Ryckert as Broke
- Dave Fennoy as Narrator
- Jeff Lupetin as Parallax Receptionist, Cleaner ROM
- Josh Tomar as Majid
- Charlie Logan as Gus Dunham
- Jessi Nowack as Zinn, Cactus Canary
- Jeremy Baker as Sylvan
- Anthony Sardinha as Boris, Epsilon
- Jack Evans as Sympathy
- Dylan Zaner as ALPHiE
- Jonathan Holmes as Froyo Guy, Bouncers, Data Node Security
- Matthew Hopkins/2 Mello as 4 Moolah, Maintenance Guy, Additional ROMs
Based in San Francisco, CA
- Playstation 4
- Xbox One
- Playstation Vita
- Android & iOS
- “Might just make you a little more hopeful for the future. With its contemporary and thought-provoking themes, accessibility through its diverse and rich characters, and beautiful story about what it means to be human, 2064 is an uplifting experience that I’ll remember for years to come.”
9/10 – RPG Site
- “It’s like a Telltale game, Phoenix Wright, and Snatcher had some sort of millennial cyberpunk baby.”
4/5 – The Escapist
- “ROM is a resounding success and one of the most affecting adventures I’ve ever had.”
8/10 – GameSpot
Background & Inspiration
Through their work on GaymerX and Gaming In Color, several members of MidBoss felt inspired to answer the challenge and make a game on their own. 2064: Read Only Memories is the result of our eagerness to highlight that it is possible and easy to celebrate diversity in a realistic way that is also a fun, deep game. There are many unheard voices in video games that are seeking diverse stories that are relatable, so instead of waiting for AAA companies to crusade for progressive themes in their games, we decided to form a team and make the kind of game that we want to see. We believe it is important for games to feature queer and diverse characters and themes in a positive way.
Through 2064: Read Only Memories, we explore how these topics can be handled in a way that doesn’t override the core goal of making a game fun, interesting, and engaging. These elements were a perfect fit to include in an adventure game, and we believe we have been successful in revitalizing the classic point-and-click genre through a progressive modern viewpoint.
MidBoss is a games and media production studio headquartered in San Francisco, California. Our projects include acclaimed documentary, Gaming in Color, international queer gaming convention GaymerX and the cyberpunk point-and-click adventure, Read Only Memories.
We’re staffed by professionals from diverse backgrounds, founded on the belief that fun, interesting media can also create an environment where inclusive characters can be a part of mainstream media and beyond.